Monday, January 14, 2008

Day One


Today I rode from Belltown to Greenbank. 45 miles.

I found a lighter on the ground.

Interestingly enough, if you ride a bike long enough, you get an unlimited supply of lighters. Even more interesting is that most of them work...
I also had some other sweet roadscores during the trip. The lighters just became gifts to anyone I saw smoking.

Just after the ferry I got passed by 3 bike tourists. They were traveling ridiculous light with one tarp between them as shelter, very sparse planning, and little to no money. Parker, someone and that other dude. Parker is friends with Drew, who is friends with Elias. It's a rare breed that's awesome enough to bike tour. In the beginning this nonchalant touring seemed rash to me, but I later adopted most of their ways:

Dirty clothes, veganism, and ultralight shelter.

We found a sweet beach fort and just camped out on the beach. It was good fun.

No comments: